The holiday season is upon us and I’ve been talking to some friends and neighbors about how we can celebrate the season of giving and season of light in some collective way without a large gathering. So, we decided to do a Christmas ornament contest.
Get out your supplies, gather your kids or grandkids, and let your creativity flow. Here are the rules.
- Each entrant may enter one (1) ornament.
- The ornament must be handmade by the entrant.
- The ornament can be made from any materials of the maker’s choosing but must be in keeping with the holiday spirit—your chosen winter holiday— and must be able to be hung for display.
- Each ornament must be accompanied by a registration form – to be completed at time of Drop Off.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Holiday Theme
- Most Artistic
- People’s Choice
- Best Ornament (10 years old & under)
- Best Ornament (11-16 years old)
And the nitty-gritty.
Entry / Drop off Deadline: Saturday, December 5, 2020
Drop off: During business hours at the following locations:
- Make It Sew – 121 S. Main Street
- House Mountain Yarn Company – 117 S. Main Street
- Urban Farm Girl – 19 W. Nelson Street
- Just Games – 29 W. Nelson Street
- Earth, Fire & Spirit Gallery – 15 W. Washington Street
- Ornaments will be displayed from December 12th – January 3rd. Location(s) to be announced.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award will take place from Saturday, 12/12 to Saturday 12/19 during regular business hours.
All ornaments will be returned and will be available for pickup during business hours at Make It Sew starting Thursday, January 8th. Prizes will be awarded at time of pickup.